Like any business initiative, starting a mutual fund involves risk, so only you can answer this question. What Huntington Asset Services works to do is equip you to make a more informed business decision. Although several good reasons exist for having a mutual fund, not every situation is the same.
Some potential benefits include:
- The performance of the fund is public
- The fund provides access to a wide universe of investors and gives the firm a larger footprint
- The product is regulated which addresses some invester concerns
- The fund can assist with administration of private client accounts
- The fund permits the firm to focus investment efforts on a single portfolio that can be included in a broader strategy for private clients
- The fund allows the firm to garner assets currently being turned away because they are below the current firm minimum
- A fund can diversify the firms revenue stream
At Huntington Asset Services, we get to know you and your unique situation before helping you through the start-up process.